Rail plant trainers
Portable & transportable plant, PTMP & small tools rail trainers
Number of roles available: 40+
Locations: UK wide
Manchester, Warrington, York, Scotland, Walsall, Romford, Peterborough, Basingstoke, Exeter, Hampshire, Kent, Wales, Bristol, London
Contract type: Permanent and contract, full-time and part-time roles available
We’re looking for trainers to deliver portable transportable and mobile plant (PTMP) and small tools rail training courses in line with industry standards for our Morson Group training division, Morson Training.
This opportunity is truly unique.
As the strategic partner for all Network Rail track safety and portable transportable and mobile plant training, we deliver training courses nationally.
We understand the challenges many rail trainers face working away from home. Our recent contract award enables us to offer local work for local trainers to address the work-life balance issues that plague the rail industry. Our rail trainer roles span nationwide.
If you share in our passion to help learners reach their maximum potential, are dedicated to providing a quality learning experience and want to work locally to your home, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
- You must have, or be working towards the Level 3 trainer and assessor qualification.
- You have at least 2 years of experience of rail plant operations.
- You’re able to instruct, motivate and assess learners to enable them to reach their full potential.
What you’ll get in return:
- Excellent work/life balance – each trainer will cover a region in the UK within a commutable radius of their home. With a vastly reduced need to travel and stay away from home, trainers will benefit from a much-improved work/life balance.
- True flexibility. PAYE and contract roles, full or part-time in addition to full-time permanent roles.
- Personal development plans for all. We support our trainers with mapped career progression that allows everyone to develop in line with industry needs.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle and expenses
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Colleague health and well-being programme. Mental health support via free confidential advice and counselling services and access to free well-being apps
- Discounted gym membership rates
- Access to incentive schemes – our most recent trip was to Cuba!
About Morson Training.
We are an award-winning provider of engineering, tech and professional services training. We are the sole supplier of all track safety, rail plant, working at heights and first aid training for Network Rail across the UK.
By joining Morson Training, you’ll be part of one of the most recognised names in the industry, working in state-of-the-art facilities and delivering transformative training to a diverse community.
Our aim at Morson Training is to change lives. Our team of trainers, assessors and management specialists enable individuals and organisations to upskill and reskill through training programmes individually tailored to suit different learner needs, underpinned by awarding bodies. Through our partnerships with numerous community organisations, we have helped hundreds of people from disadvantaged backgrounds break dependency cycles and find sustainable employment.