ONSITE & CLASSROOM BASED LEARNING
We offer a wide range of railway safety training for individuals working in the UK’s rail industry, including training and assessments for apprentices, rail operatives and managers.
As the UK’s first, and only, “Platinum” awarded training provider in the rail sector, we offer quality rail training programmes for apprentices, rail operatives and managers.
We understand our responsibilities in addressing the national skills shortage and actively work with our clients to build diverse, long-term talent pipelines.
Our dedicated training and assessment specialists deliver training which ranges from PTS right through to SPICOP and machine operation and controllers.
For more information on our London Underground courses click here.
- Auxiliary Operating Duties Hand signalling (AOD HS)
- Auxiliary Operating Duties Level Crossing Attendant (AOD LXA)
- Auxiliary Operating Duties Points Operator (AOD PO)
- Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Controller of Site Safety: Conductor Rail Permit (COSS CRP)
- Controller of Site Safety: Overhead Line Permit (COSS OLP)
- DC Electrified Lines – Procedure A Level A Authorised Persons (CRE 009)
- DC Electrified Lines – Switching – Level ‘B’ (CRE 011)
- DC Electrified Lines Testing and Strapping – Level ‘B’ (CRE 014)
- Engineering Supervisor (ES)
- Individual Working Alone (IWA)
- Level B (Authorised) Person for OLE AC Isolation (OLE Level B (AP) AC)
- Lookout / Site Warden (LKT)
- NSCD (Ops) (NSCD)
- Person In Charge Of Possession (PICOP)
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Possession Support (PS)
- Protection Controller (PC)
- Safe System of Work Planner (SSOWP)
- Safe Work Leader 1 (SWL1)
- Track Induction (TTF 001)
- Working Near or Adjacent to DC Conductor Rails (PTS DCCR)
- Crane Controller – Excavator Crane (CC Exc)
- Crane Controller – Lorry Loader Crane (CC KBC)
- Crane Controller Attachment – Group 3 Powered Lifting (CC Att Grp 3)
- Crane Controller Attachment – Group 6 Rail Management (CC Att Grp 6)
- Crane Controller Attachment – Group 7 Cropper (CC Att Group 7)
- Crane Controller Excavator Crane Tandem Lifting (CC OTP TL)
- Lift Planner Single Lift (OTP LPSL)
- Machine Controller – Demountable Machine/RMMM (MC MM)
- Machine Controller – Highway Permissible Vehicle (MC DPV)
- Machine Controller – Material Handler (MC MH)
- Machine Controller – MEWP (MC MEWP)
- Machine Controller Attachment – Group 1 Ballast/Track Management (MC Att Grp 1)
- Machine Controller Attachment – Group 3 Cutterhead (MC Att Grp 3)
- Machine Controller Attachment – Group 4 Transportation (MC Att Grp 4)
- Machine Controller Attachment – Group 6 Chipper (MC Att Grp 6)
- Machine Operator – Highway Permissible Vehicle (OTP Op HPV)
- Machine Operator – Motorised Trolley (OTP Op Motor Trolley)
- Operate Trailer Attachment (OTP Op Att 27)
- OTP Core (OTP Core)
- OTP Lift Planning – Tandem Lift (OTP LPTL)
- Slinger (PP50)
Powered & transportable plant
- Cable Avoidance Equipment Operator
- Cold Bolt Expansion Equipment
- Compacting Breaking & Digging Equipment
- Cutting & Grinding Equipment
- General Lifting and Moving Equipment (Tail Lift)
- Handheld Stone Blower
- Hydraulic Tensors
- Impact Wrenches
- Line Side Plant
- Manually Propelled Rail Handlers
- Pandrol Vanguard Assembly Tool
- Rail Clippers, Fast Clips
- Rail Clippers, Track Fastening De-Clipping Machine
- Rail Clippers, Track Fastening Rusty Clip Extractor
- Rail Drills
- Rail Mounted Disc Cutter
- Railhead Cleaning Unit Equipment
- Safe use of Generator Equipment
- Safe Use of Mobile Plant
- Safe Use of Portable & Transportable Plant
- Safe use of Powered Hand Tools Briefing
- Safe use of Powered Trolleys
- Safe Use of Trolley Equipment
- Scooters and Skates
- Stihl Handheld Stone Blower
- Wood Sleeper Drills
Want to book one of our rail training courses? Contact us by email or WhatsApp to book:
RAIL TRAINING CENTRES
Our rail training centres.
Our dedicated rail training centres are situated in Salford and Canning Town, London.
Subject to prior approval and facility acceptance, training can also take place at a client’s location thanks to our state-of-the-art mobile e-learning facility.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Frequently asked questions.
What courses are available?
Where do Morson Training deliver rail training?
What does the practical track layout offer?
Who is the rail training for?
AN AWARD-WINNING RAIL TRAINING PROVIDER
Why rail training with Morson?
We have a network of 12 rail safety trainers and over 40 health and safety trainers and advisors who are trained by the National Skills Academy for Rail and Network Rail
UK wide training centres
We have eight training centres around the UK; Manchester, Glasgow, Canning Town, Farnham, Chelmsford, Aylesford, Doncaster and Bristol as well as mobile e-learning facilities
Gain on track experience
Our classroom facilities in London and Manchester have a fully functional, multipurpose track layout
A Network Rail partner
We are a Network Rail training provider and our courses include: PTS, PICOP and COSS, to general health and safety courses such as first aid, fire marshall, manual handling
Fully accredited and award winning
Morson Training are the UK’s first, and only, NSAR “Platinum” awarded training provider in the rail sector. We are fully Link-Up approved and members of the association of railway training providers.
We have a mobile e-learning centre which can be deployed nation-wide to deliver training on-site at a clients location
Get in touch.
If you want to book onto any of our courses or find out more information about our training capabilities our team are on hand to help.
National Accounts Manager